Under the auspices of his excellency Mr. Prodromos Prodromou, Minister of Education, Culture, Sport And Youth, Cyprus
The Center of Excellence in Research & Innovation in Social Sciences, the Arts and the Humanities (SoScieAtH), of the European University Cyprus, along with the Digital Enhanced Learning Ad hoc C.I.Q.A. Committee, and the Startup Center powered by Microsoft organize a conference about the role of new and emerging teaching and learning technologies in higher education in the post-covid era.
The Conference aims to discuss issues related to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the implications for using new and emerging teaching and learning technologies in higher education by bringing together representatives from the educational policy sector, academia, and as well as the industry. The Conference is addressed to higher education academic staff, high-level university administrators, and higher education stakeholders worldwide.
The conference will be in hybrid in nature: participants may choose to participate face-to-face at the Cultural Center at the European University Cyprus or participate fully online. Registration details for both ways can be found below.
|09:00-09:15||Introduction, Professor Andreas Efstathiou, Rector, European University Cyprus|
|09:15-09:25||Ms. Themis Christophidou, Director-General for Education, Youth, Culture and Sports – European Commission|
|09:25-10:25||Roundtable 1: Policymakers Stakeholders |
– Mr Prodromos Prodromou, Minister of Education, Culture, Sport And Youth, Cyprus
– Mr. Kyriakos Kokkinos, Deputy Minister of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy
– Professor Mary Ioannidou–Koutselini, President of the Cyprus Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation
– Mr. Thomas Weko, Τeam Leader, Higher Education Policy, Policy Advice and Implementation, Directorate for Education and Skills, Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
|10:25-10:40||Questions from the audience|
Dr Andrew Bingham, Associate Dean for Learning and Teaching, School Senior Executive Team member, School of Computing, Engineering and Digital Technologies, Teesside University, United Kingdom
Title: Reflect, Reset, Relaunch: Digital Learning Strategies emerging from the Covid-19 Pandemic.
|11:20-11:35||Discussion & Questions|
|12:00-13:00||Roundtable 2: Educational Technology industry stakeholders |
– Mr. Ploutarchos Rigas, Senior Cloud Sales Specialist for Central & Eastern Europe, Microsoft
– Mr. Nicolas Albouze, Regional Vice-President, Europe & Africa, Blackboard
– Mr. Thomas Dechilly, Group Chief Technology Officer, Galileo Global Education
|13:00-13:15||Questions from the audience|
|13:15-13:30 . . . …||Closing remarks & summary|
Professor Loizos Symeou, Vice Rector of Academic Affairs, European University Cyprus
Dr. Loucas Louca, Associate Professor, Director, The Center of Excellence in Research & Innovation in Social Sciences, the Arts and the Humanities (SoScieAtH), European University Cyprus
Dr. Katerina Mavrou, Associate Professor, Coordinator, Assistive Technology, Disabilities and Inclusive Education MRU, SoScieAtH, European University Cyprus
Dr. Eleni Theodorou, Associate Professor, Chair, Faculty Professional Development Standing Committee, European University Cyprus
Dr. Yianna Danidou, Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, European University Cyprus
Dr. Elena Stylianou, Associate Professor, Coordinator, Cultural Studies and Contemporary Arts MRU, SoScieAtH, European University Cyprus