Admin/Technical – Prison Safe
DEADLINE : 24TH OF MARCH
The aim of this project is to provide current and useful training to correctional staff regarding the safe and respectful management of LGBTIQ+ offenders. Relying on a best practices approach, this training will enable correctional staff to make better informed decisions about the safety, security, treatment and care of LGBTIQ+ offenders by providing academic, cultural and legal perspectives of the issues that make this group unique.
The OBJECTIVES of Prison Safe are:
To train prison staff to:
- to implement specific procedures in cases of sexual assault,
- to detect signs of fear and distress among LGBTIQ+ prisoners,
- to ensure that they receive immediate protection and assistance where necessary,
- to listen to the concerns and complaints by members of such groups and be instructed to take these complaints seriously,
- to detect signs of suicidal tendencies and refer such prisoners to psychological support services as necessary.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The person who will be appointed in this position is expected to
- Assist in the overall management of the project on a weekly basis by communicating with partners as necessary
- Collect documents from partners for Interim and Final Report (Admin and Financial)
- Prepare Timesheets for EUC staff involved in the project
- Check Timesheets/all documents submitted by other partners (in collaboration with EUC appointed project financial officer)
- Organize materials for WP Google Drive
- Organize all administrative tasks (documents)
- Offer administrative support in the organisation of the workshops
- Assist in the Dissemination plan
- Social media campaigns
- Promotional material
- Postgraduate degree in relevant area (preferably Humanities/Social Sciences)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience of research governance and research ethics procedures
- Proven ability to use initiative to efficiently plan, optimise and progress project and communicate findings
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent written and spoken English and Greek
- Team working abilities
The successful candidate will work closely with the Project Coordinator, who will be directly responsible for the day-to-day management leads and will ensure that all milestones and deliverables are met on time and to target.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an EU funded project in a thriving research environment.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to R.Office@euc.ac.cy by the 24th of March.